Monday, September 19, 2011

Cookie pops...

Last week I made sugar cookie pops for Sude's birthday celebration at her school. They were relatively easy to bake but not much easy to decorate.

I have realized that I do not have the right type of icing and the tools. I used store bought icing and used a spoon to fill in the cookies. Neither idea turned out really good.

I have many lessons learned;
- Will start to make my own royal icing which seems to be less runny
- Will buy disposable baking bags for piping the edges
- Will use squeezable plastic bottles to fill in the icing.

I used the cookie recipe from Bake at 350:
http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2008/04/taste-of-yellow-yellow-rose-sugar.html

I replaced regular sugar with powdered one...

I used lollipop sticks and cut an inch off of them. Refrigerating the dough before cutting them with cookie cutters help in pushing the lollipop sticks into them.

I did the edging and the filling with white icing and let them dry for few hours.


Then I decorated them with size 2 tip icing bag and some sparkly store bought gel. At the end they turned out cute and tasty and kids just loved them. More importantly Sude was very happy with the end result...





No comments:

Post a Comment