Friday, March 9, 2012

New finds and taking care of old...

Last week mom and I stopped by TJ Maxx and Ross. I got 3 great shoes and the total for all three pairs were around $100.
The most versatile of them are definitely the nude peep toes and the flower heels. I have already wore both of them many times. The flats are cute and dressy but I seem to favor heels most of the time...


As a part of the closet cleanup, we also hand washed some of my sweaters. My mom is an expert in matters like this. Aren't all moms?

She has such great ways of taking care of older clothes. Our generation is so used to buying less quality products and getting rid of them when we feel like they look old or dated. Her generation is used to investing in to quality pieces and taking care of them for a long time. That is my new motto also...

She showed me how to hand wash the sweaters and flat dry them on towels. They are as good as new...


She is also quite the seamstress. She hemmed a lot of my pants and made sure some of the tops fit better, etc. She is such a great mommy.


Finally, I did all of the ironing of the new things that I got. I made a trip to NY the Valentines Day week and did not get around writing about it. I did lots of thrift store/vintage store shipping and got some awesome pieces. This dress was one of them. We first washed it and I ironed it so that it would be just ready when I need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment